Thanks you so very much! Two sweet and prolific bloggers nominated my blog for some recognition. Definitely unexpected and appreciated. I’ll elaborate on one nomination in this post, and then other in the next. The first one was back in December, maybe? I have to apologize for my procrastination and glacial pace of carrying on the spirit of More Than Greens for the Liebstser Blog Award. Check hers out-it’s fun and very pretty! For this award, I get to post 11 facts about myself, answer her questions, and pass 11 more questions on to the 11 blogs that I nominate. Whew…….I’ll be elaborating more on what is keeping me so busy soon.
Ok, 11 facts first up.
1. My all-time favorite books from my childhood are Harriet the Spy and Charlotte’s Web. I still need to see the movie version of Harriet. I remember uncontrollably laughing out loud as I would read and re-read it.
2. My tastes have truly changed to appreciate vegetables and actually crave them. It is possible to change your palate as an adult. I love veggies vs. the mindless toleration of them I used to feel.
3. I have attended both men’s and women’s World Cup games in the U.S.
4. I really need to read a book before seeing the movie it’s based on. It just doesn’t work for me the other way.
5. I mess up about 50% of all recipes I try. But then I get it right (usually) the second time. Not a natural-born cook. Definitely.
6. If I could only have three foods to survive on, I guess it would have to be quinoa, blueberries, and broccoli. Not sure if it would be nutritionally adequate, but it might be close?
7. Working with children as an occupational therapist is not for the meek. Just kidding! But what other job gets you sneezed on, peed on, and provides quotes so hilarious that you have to keep a running board in the office?
8. I have two boys. I have two brothers and no sisters. It’s hard to imagine how it would be to raise girls.
9. Food Network faves: Chopped, Cupcake Wars. Needs a veg show.
10. I have tried a few mini-triathlons. I’m afraid to use clip-on bike pedals. I guess that career is not going any further
11. I really really love my job.
The 11 questions I was asked to answer:
- If you could trade lives with anyone for a day, who would you pick? Anyone who works at VegNews, ha ha. Lots of samples. In all seriousness, I’m not sure. Maybe someone who works on Downton Abbey.
- What would you cook to impress your friends at a dinner party? Lentil Enchiladas.
- What is your favourite item of clothing? Comfortable pants, i.e. warm-up pants.
- Where do you want to go on your next holiday? The U.S. Southwest.
- What is your favourite way to spend a Sunday? Cooking, walking or running with someone in my family if possible, a quiet relaxing evening. Would not include groceries or laundry!!
- Who inspires you? Peacemakers–Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr., Mother Teresa.
- What was the last film you saw the the cinema? Oh so embarrassing…I don’t recall! Might have been a Harry Potter movie with my kids.
- What was your favourite novel of 2012? Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.
- What was your favourite cookbook? Veganomicon.
- If you could live in any era, which era would you pick? Now. Women have more freedom and opportunity than any other time. Not going back.
- What is your favourite city in the world? New York City.
My questions for the next nominees…
- Wine or beer (or neither)?
- What is your favorite vegetable?
- Favorite movie of all time?
- What is your most used and splattered upon cookbook?
- Where did you go on your last trip for business or fun?
- What has been your best investment in the kitchen, not including basic appliances?
- Favorite sports to watch and play?
- In two sentences or less, what is your take on The China Study by T. Collin Campbell?
- Do you read paper newspapers?
- What is your favorite grain?
- If you were stranded for a month on an island with one other person, what one board game would you choose to pass the time?
My nominations are to these blogs: I know it’s only a few, but I have not been keeping up on exploring blogs as much as I wish I could–and some of these may not be on the newer side (and I had trouble figuring out number of followers)–but they are fantastic! I thank them for teaching me and inspiring me.
Here is a good summary of the award procedure.
So, what are you all cooking this weekend? So far, I’ve made a big pot of quinoa…Not sure what’s next. My refrigerator shelf which also holds the produce crisper drawer broke into a heap of plastic Thursday night at 10:15 pm (thanks, needed that!). Now the crisper is only accessible by lifting a glass shelf fully off of it, after moving items off this. I’m basically down one shelf and easy access to the drawer. This will not be conducive to much veg cooking! Wish me luck on a speedy replacement shelf. We won’t be fixing this ourselves, unfortunately.